It’s late this year. Sorry. Here’s the 7th annual Christmas Quiz. 20 questions, and the closing date for entries is midnight on Monday, 23 of December 2013. Please email your answers to us at email@example.com.
The winner will get to choose a charity to which we will donate £200. He or she will also get a copy of Morrissey’s autobiography, as will 5 runners up. It’s laugh out loud, you’ll love it. Good luck! Conditions of entry are somewhere down near the bottom.
1. “The band the Beatles could have been”. Who?
2. Which European Champions League winning football team take their colours from those of the Greek flag?
3. Which massive 1980s pop band had 3 of its 5 members with the same surname without any of them being related?
4. Who texted “Noli timere” this year?
5. If you substitute soda water for gin in an Americano, what would you end up with?
6. Once 21 million of these have been made, production will stop. What?
7. What does it say under the English instructions?
9. Graced fair wound (anag.).
10. Which band did some reverse QE in August 1994 and took exactly £1 million out of circulation?
11. What’s been the top selling vehicle range in the US for 28 consecutive years?
12. Who said that letting inflation rise could be a “wise and humane policy” if it increased output?
13. Who wrote this note?
14. Which music video? A man in a trenchcoat, hat and dark glasses lurks in a run down, graffiti covered alley. Later a man in pink shirt, bow tie and leather trousers walks down the street, lighting up the pavement as he goes. There’s also a stray cat, and a tiger in it.
15. Which music video? A middle aged man, played by a famous actor, slumps in a hotel lobby chair wearing a suit and tie. He hears music and dances around the hotel (escalators, baggage trollies) and ends up flying through the air in the atrium.
16. Which music video? A UK comedian chauffeurs a woman in a cowboy hat around as she sings and drinks champagne. There’s a cartoon sequence in it too.
17. What is the US government’s net P&L (to the nearest $1 billion) on the positions it took in GM, AIG and Citibank during the financial crisis?
18. Which climb?
19. What is the biggest corporate bond deal of all time?
20. If you take the first letter of each stanza in its national anthem, you get the name of the founder of its royal house. Which country?