There was no shortage of topics up for consideration for today’s BVTV: Jerome Powell’s nomination as next Fed chair, further clarity around President Trump’s much touted US tax reform plans, and the UK’s first interest rate rise for 10 years.
With Powell’s nomination very much perceived as preserving the US monetary policy status quo, it’s the latter two developments that I have focused on this… Watch the video
Today I am joined in the studio by M&G credit analyst Othman El Iraki and we will be taking a closer look at an area of the fixed income market that has been generating a lot of interest in recent months – Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs). Othman will talk through some of the characteristics of this asset class and explain what’s been driving the recent surge in new bond issuance, especial… Watch the video
James Tomlins, M&G fund manger, helps manage over £5bn in high yield assets. This week on BVTV I ask him:
- What is your outlook for global high yield default rates?
- Is Euro high yield overvalued?
- Will 2017 be a vintage year for US HY returns?
Click on the link to hear James’ views and have a look at some of the cracking charts we’ve put together. Watch the video
This week on BVTV Fund Manager Matt Russell joins in to discuss:
1) Why an interest rate shock could cause carnage in bond markets
2) The duration impact on a credit portfolio
3) Best strategies to hedge against interest rate risk going forward
Tune in for the charts and articles that are making headlines in bond markets.
Watch the video