I was joined by Chris Clemmow (Fixed Income Dealer, M&G Investments) this morning for a quick chat about global credit markets. Chris is at the coal face of bond markets, and is a primary source of market information for the fund managers at M&G. Tune in for a discussion of the prevailing market dynamics of the investment grade bond market, and a look at what happens when Article 50 is trigger…Watch the video
Yields on Canadian sovereign bonds have been dragged higher in recent months, with the yield on the 10-year bond recently reaching 2 year highs. This sell-off appears to reflect the US reflation narrative, rather than the economic fundamentals of the Canadian economy.
The market currently thinks the Bank of Canada will remain on hold throughout 2017, pricing in only one rate hike – a 20 basis …Read the article
Tune in to our latest edition of BVTV, where this week I discuss:
- The Fed hiked again! How did markets react?
- The ride of EM currencies to date
Watch the video
We often use Twitter to share the charts that we think are interesting, but probably don’t warrant the extra analysis of a blog. With this in mind, I’ve had a look to see which charts were most favourited or retweeted by our followers at @bondvigilantes and provided a little more detail than 140 characters can allow.
- Fed Loan Officer Survey show US banks have tightened standards for six consec…
There was plenty to occupy bond markets last week, and with all eyes now turned to the Fed, this week is shaping up in similar fashion. Tune in to our latest edition of BVTV as Wolfgang Bauer and I discuss:
- Takeaways from the UK budget
- Draghi’s remarks send bond yields higher
- As oil fell below $50/barrel, how did credit markets react?
Watch the video
I was recently in San Francisco for an internet and technology conference. An array of senior tech managers spoke about their firms’ prospects, priorities and where they see opportunities. Twitter’s Jack Dorsey aside, the overwhelming focus of every session I attended over the three days was cloud computing.
Cloud computing is essentially the move away from users buying, owning and maintaining …Read the article
We are kicking off the week with an emerging markets special on BVTV, as I talk all things EM with my equity market colleague Michael Bourke. Tune in to hear us discuss:
- What has been driving the positive EM momentum so far this year and what should investors look out for?
- Further signs of improving EM fundamentals in 2017
- The implications of the shift in political risk away from EM towards DM…